Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cole Bros. Circus

It's the Azalea Festival out here in Wilmington and as part of that, the circus is in town. It was great! I've been to the circus only once before that I can remember, and it was at the Astrodome (or whatever it's called now) and though it was neat, I mostly remember a pole in the way and being disappointed. This circus, however, was just what I expected and I loved it. :) It was under a tent, for starters, and there were performing animals (dogs, ponies, elephants, camels), a high wire act, clowns, juggling, motorcycle tricks, dancers, other performers I don't know what to call, and they even shot a guy out of a cannon! Chad was disappointed there were no bearded ladies, wolf boys and siamese twins. I explained that it's probably not politically correct anymore. You could also ride the ponies, camels and elephants, though we did not. Sakura got her first taste of cotton candy (not so impressed) and loved any act accompanied by upbeat music. So if you're in Wilmington, I'd definitely go see the circus - it's not gonna be cheap (I'd also pay the extra for the VIP seats if you can - we had a pole in the way, though we were still close to most of the action so it wasn't so bad) and I'd get there early if you're going to do general admission to get better seats. We didn't get any shots of the acts because it's too dark and far away for our unsophisticated camera. These are what we did get. All in all, it was a great experience! (Those are elephants behind Chad and Sakura.)

1 comment:

AVIDINHA said...

still the astrodome.