Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sleep and Snow

We are adjusting to our new sleeping arrangements, Sakura and I. Some nights are harder than others, but she is used to the idea of sleeping alone. Bedtime consists of Chad taking the little ones out so Happy can pee before bed, while I clean up the living room of tripping and loud noise hazards, followed by Sakura chasing Happy while Chad and I brush our teeth, then Sakura has to have her lip gloss put on, then scriptures and prayer, then Sakura kisses Daddy goodnight and Mommy changes her diaper, puts her in jammies, reads her a story, sets the timer for 5 minutes, turns out the light and snuggles til the timer goes off. Then mommy leaves and shuts the door behind her. This is what happens after I shut the door. (see video) She is so cute though! The last few nights, Sakura has been interrupting scriptures to kiss Daddy goodnight. She then bids us both "nigh nigh," goes into her room, closes the door and proceeds to cry. Apparently that's all part of what going to bed is all about. The video is just a taste of what she says. Sometimes it lasts for only 20 minutes, sometimes it's on and off for 2 hours, and sometimes it is multiple times a night. But, we're doing it. I'm even begining to be able sleep through Chad's morning routine - or at least go back to sleep. It really has been nice though... I get some time to myself in the quiet morning hours to read my scrips, write in my journal and do other quiet, me things. (like this) Oh yeah, there's no real video because it's dark - I was just trying to capture the sound.

Ok, quick update on potty training, while I'm talking about progress with Sakura. Yesterday she came up to me and said "pee pee" and when I finally plopped her on the potty, she peed right away! (half of it went on the floor, but...) First time. I don't expect it to happen again any time soon, but I'm not forcing the issue anymore - she has a potty, she knows what it's for - now it's up to her.

Now to the fun stuff! It snowed!!!! It's like getting snow in Galveston. Well, maybe not that rare, but you get the idea. So here are some pitures from that. It was about an inch, so enough for some fun. As soon as I took out the camera though, Sakura wanted it, so there aren't many pictures. I would not let her play with the camera in the snow and she did not take it well. It resulted in our going in earlier than planned. Funny kid. Even snow was not exciting enough to distract from the camera.


The view from our apartment.

Sakur and Logan. The swing had ice on it, so it was not suitable for swinging. Poor Sakura.

Happy loves the snow. It's nothing new to her, so off she went to explore.

I'll give you my "pa-pa" (pacifier) and you give me the camera!

Fine then, I don't want anything!

3 comments:

Melissa Richards said...

Mark came up and looked at the picture at the beginning of the post as i was reading it. He said "He's wearing a-fier (pacifier), Its snow, He's gonna fall over."

Lanae said...

She's such a cutie. I'm glad you guys got some snow! I know my kids love to play in the snow so I'm sure she just had a hay-day out there. Glad to see that she's sleeping better, too!

Linda P said...

I love to read your blog and hear what is happening with your little family. If the calendar from Grandpa & Grandma is correct it's you guys anniversary. If that is the case...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Love ya, Aunt Linda