I know my postings have been pretty much non-existent lately, but that's just how things are going right now - crazy! So here's the update, and then we'll see if I can get to the back-log or not. (I never did go into the meaning of Liam's name.)
As expected, I have once again fallen prey to post-partum depression. I have tons of amazing help this time, and am doing overall better than I did with the previous two. I have a psychologist for therapy who is completely amazing and I will be sad when I get to the point that I don't need to see him as often. I have a psychiatrist who is excellent and working well with me at the pace I want to go in trying medicines to help me feel better. And he's a former pediatrician to boot, so I can get in some free advice when I need it as well. How awesome is that?! I have a friend and neighbor who frequently takes Liam overnight on Saturdays so that we adults can get a good night's rest. Sleep is extremely important to people with unstable moods. Another lady from the ward arranges for people to come over and help clean my house, because things like vacuuming, mopping and even general clean-up are neglected for things like sleep, washing bottles, and keeping up with mountains of laundry. We also have a great nanny that the kids really adore. And she lives the next cul-de-sac over for a double win! Her brothers love to play with the kids, so they are often over at her house, which leaves me with more quiet time at my house, and that helps me out soooo much! My mom is still at our place helping out with Liam. I don't know how I would survive without her! I know it is a great sacrifice for her and Dad to make for them to be separated like this, and I don't know that we could ever repay them for that. We will all be incredibly sad when she goes back home. We need to live near each other!!! So, you see what I mean about tons of amazing help!
And it's a good thing too, because life here is really really crazy. First off, Liam.... he doesn't poop on his own. We spend lots of money on suppositories and trips to specialists. It has helped him to do anal dilation (putting a stick up his bum 4 times a day) and surgical is going to make sure there aren't any anatomical problems that would require surgery. My psychiatrist thinks he may just be holding it in and we need to help him have non-painful bowel movements and keep doing what we're doing until he learns that's it's ok to poop. Guess we'll see. In the mean-time, he still eats and sleeps like a newborn, which is so wearing since he is now 5 months old. He has horrible reflux as well and we are back to taking shifts watching him so that we can all get some sleep whenever we can.
Speaking of which - I am going to go catch a nap now and pick up later with part II - because there's still a WHOLE lot left going on...
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

1 comment:
so glad we talked the other day. sorry things have been rough
Post a Comment