Thursday, March 7, 2013

It's Alive! Part 2

Moving along in ages... Seth is finally starting to talk. We have been working with the Kids on the Move program because he has been really slow with his development. He doesn't have a learning disability, but he does have sensory processing disorder, which means he can be easily overwhelmed by stimuli and shut down and/or overreact. Too many people looking at him can result in screaming or pushing or hitting to get the stares away from him. Things exhibit in OCD-like mannerisms, such as disliking spills, needing equal pieces of things in each hand... We have an occupational therapist who works with him to better handle these things so that he can focus on the learning then and not the freaking out. He also sees a speech therapist and a developmental specialist. I think it's been good for us to do this, though I don't know if it has helped or just coincided with his development. It is stressful because it's a visit about every week, but he's doing well, so... I'm good with that.
Sakura has been great! No problems there. But OH MY GOSH! I can't believe how much homework she has in KINDERGARTEN! We try as best we can, but it just doesn't always happen. He report card came home and she scored lower on "completes homework" and that totally made me feel bad, but really? Homework EVERY day? And yeah, it's not just her homework, it's our homework as well. Really really really really dumb. But she is doing well with learning and is starting to really be able to read on her own! I am so excited!
Back to me.... wait- let's detour to house before we get to the adults. We had a leak. What we thought was a cosmetic issue on the house when we bought it, turns out to be a chronic problem. We had the gutters fixed, the wall completely through replaced, treated for mold, floors ripped up, holes drilled in the ceiling, and giant fans running for days and days. We did get the room upgraded while it was fixed with flooring, trims and paint. It took a month to do. And the drainage issue may still not be resolved. It may also be a foundation problem. That's just gonna have to wait a little while to address, if that turns out to be the case. Ug! I am really tired of construction on my house, and so is the rest of my fam. SO much noise!
Back to me this time.... I just had a hysterectomy. I had been bleeding since Liam was born and nothing we tried was stopping it. Since I'm not going to have more kids, hysterectomy seemed like the right way to go. I am happy with my choice and am working on recovery. Overall things have been 1000% better than they were with my appendectomy. I think that surgeon was on crack when he operated because I was in horrific pain and this time the pain is much more manageable. I hope things continue to go this well.
Poor Chad has had to take on so much these days. And he was even offered a new position at work, and f my brain wasn't foggy I couldn't remember what it is - but he manages the other docs he works with, basically. Oh boy, that doesn't look right either. Let's just say that Chad got a promotion and is more busy at work. So proud of him! :)
Ok, I think that's pretty good on where we are at right now. Or if not, I'm stopping anyway. I'm tired and need some pain meds and am not thinking well at all. Bye?

1 comment:

Camille Farias said...

I'm sorry there's been so much construction drama. Construction is SO hard to live with!
I hope your recovery goes well. Take care!