Normally I wouldn't share this information just yet, but after the last 24 hours, I think I'm going to need the support, no matter what happens.
So, good news.... I'm pregnant!!! I've been on clomid for several months and once again, right when I had enough, my miracle came through. :) I've had really mixed feelings about doing this at all because of the Post-Partum Depression (not to mention the crazy side-effects of clomid), but we really felt like this was what we should do. And it worked! I am currently 8 weeks - due the first few days of October.
But this week has brought some bad news: I have what's called a subchorionic hemorrhage/hematoma. Basically, it's a tear between the amniotic sac and the lining of the uterus. If they are small, they usually resolve on their own and pose no problems. Some people don't even know they have one because they don't have symptoms - I did. I was bleeding. I don't know how large mine is yet - I'll see the doctor tomorrow. So far I have to "take it easy" meaning absolutely NO exercise. I'll be monitored with frequent ultrasounds until the tear heals. It's not my fault - it just happens sometimes because of how fast the baby grows. It could mean bed rest at some point if the tear is bad enough and doesn't appear to be healing. It does increase my risk for miscarriage, stillbirth, placental abruption and preterm labor - especially if it doesn't resolve before the second trimester.
On top of this, I have low levels of hormones - especially progesterone, so I'm going to be put on a supplement until my levels come up to where they should be. The big danger with low progesterone is miscarriage - hopefully we've caught it soon enough to be alright. This will mean frequent blood tests to see how my levels are doing.
Chances are, things are going to be just fine: the hemorrhage will heal on it's own in a few weeks, the meds will bring my progesterone up and the rest of the pregnancy will be uneventful. Time will tell. So far, the baby is doing fine. The heartbeat is strong and regular, and the size and development is right on target.
I wanted to wait to tell people about this pregnancy because it's so unsure and so early but after worrying myself nearly sick over the last few days, I decided I needed to tell people because I need the support. It's scary and worrisome and there's nothing I can do but pray. Thanks for listening. Thanks for caring. Love and prayers are always appreciated. :)
Kinder promotion, Theo violin concert
3 months ago

3 comments:
Prayers will be in my heart continually. Love ya pea pod!
You and your little one will definitely be in our prayers! Keep us updated, love you!
so exciting Natalie! We of course will keep you in our prayers too! Side note: We need to get our girls to see each other next time we are out in UT.
Post a Comment