Last week Chad and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! We made a trip out to Houston to see Chad's grandparents, left the kids with my mom and dad, and went on a surprise trip to San Antonio for 3 days. (Chad surprised me) I felt bad for dumping my sick kids on my parents, but then again, I was very glad to finally get a break from it (especially now that I'm sick and the illnesses in my children continue.) We hit the Natural Bridge Caverns, the Japanese Tea Garden, the Riverwalk (of course - we stayed at a hotel ON the riverwalk!), the IMAX, the Tower of the Americas, and the San Antonio Museum of Art. It was amazing how quickly we could get ready and just GO and do something! We spent our last night on a frigid dinner boat ride on the riverwalk - the low was supposed to be 62, but a cold front came in and the HIGH was 62 instead. It was still nice, but I certainly didn't want to finish my ice cream! We didn't get pictures of everything, but here is some of what we did get.
 |
| Chad remembered this dino from when he was a kid. |
 |
| It does say "Chinese Tea Garden." This is from WW2 when "Japanese" was a bad word. |
 |
| The coolest store at the Riverwalk mall! |
BTW, if you are afraid of heights, DON'T see MI3 Ghost Protocol at the IMAX!!!! And then we had dinner at the Tower of Americas afterward! My heart raced all through dinner.
1 comment:
Congrats! By the way, you look FANTASTIC!
Post a Comment