Sunday, October 9, 2011

Testimony

It's been one of those days. Didn't get up and get ready with my alarm, so I ran out of time this morning. Sakura didn't want to get out of bed and didn't want to eat breakfast, so I was feeling a bit stressed from just getting ready for church. And then as soon as we walked in the doors at church, Seth began to fuss and whine and cry and scream. Normally, he chugs a large bottle during sacrament, sucks on a pacifier and plays with a truck til sunday school, eats/makes a mess with goldfish while I teach my lesson, and then spends the third hour in nursery while I enjoy Relief Society. We didn't even make it through the first prayer before we were out in the hall because Seth was screaming - not just fussing or crying but Screaming DURING the sacrament prayer. He continued to scream in the hall, and I tried everything I brought with me to church. He Finally stopped crying and Sakura heard a little girl get up and bear her testimony. Sakura decided she wanted to bear her testimony too. I told her what it meant and we talked about what she would want to say. And then in we went and up to the podium. Seth, thankfully, remained quiet while I whispered into her ear what she had wanted to say. After we left the stand, Seth started up again, so I grabbed my bag, asked Jay and Julie to find the sunday school president and tell him I had to go, and then we went home, with Seth wailing all the way. So... lots of frustration and leaving early and skipping out on my lesson (that I prepared and lugged a bunch of heavy books to church with me for). But then my little girl bore a sweet testimony about how she loves her Heavenly Father and how she wants to live with Jesus again. I'd say all the trouble was worth it. :) Then again, I don't have to find a last-minute sub for my class... sorry!!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

sorry it was a rough day but I would have loved to see Sakura up there.

Creed Family said...

What a sweet moment. Times like that do make it all worth it.

Stephanie said...

Yay Sakura! I would have loved to see that. She's such a bright little star.