On Thursday last week (was it thursday or friday?) my dad arrived with what my older brother dubbed "The Mystery Fun Truck." (a 24 foot Penske with almost everything Jay and I left at my parent's house back from when we lived at home, plus some other stuff mymom decided I could have) We had not yet unpcked all of the boxes that came in the previous week from North Carolina. The house has been FULL of boxes. But we are making progress, and the house is finally starting to feel livable. My library is nearly done - only needing a few more shelves and a couple more rows of books to shelve. Plus seating, but we haven't made it that far yet. The master bedroom is mostly unpacked - only a few boxes with mostly bathroom stuff left. The kitchen has been up and running, since it's the first room I tackled, though it has also been the dumping ground for that very same reason. I'm still finding the occassional broken or damaged item, and it gets me down, but I think having my library will help me feel better during those times. I will post pics as soon as the shelves are all finished. :) Yay! Then on to the kids' rooms. Sakura has been begging us to let her paint her room pink. And I'd like to paint Seth's room green (I don't know why, but I think green with Seth, not blue). And of course I'd LOVE to paint over the UGLY greenand brown in the kitchen/family room. We'll see what all we get to and when. I think Sakura's pink room will have to be the first room to be painted, or we'll never hear the end of it! And then the craft room (office) and basement will eventually be taken care of, but they are not priorities so far. Anyway... I'll try to take before, during and after shots, if I can remember. Til nezt post!
1 comment:
I'd love to help you paint if you need an extra hand.
Post a Comment