Sunday, March 13, 2011

What's up doc?

update: Seth has bronchitis and is being treated with albuterol via nebulizer. May be that he'll have childhood asthma. hope he's not allergic to Happy. at least his ear infections are gone.

We've been seeing our fair share of doctors in the last month, and it doesn't look like there's an end in sight. Seth came down with a cough the day we returned from Disney World. It still hasn't gotten any better, so I'm taking him in tomorrow. Again. He's already been for a well-visit, and 2 trips for an ear infection that didn't get better on antibiotics but turned into a double ear infection, so he was put on a stronger antibiotic, which is how we discovered Seth is allergic to penecillin-based antibiotics. After a third antibiotic, it seemed he was doing ok, but I'm not so sure. I'm afraid he's going to need tubes and I'm worried that his cough is bronchitis. So back to the peds office we go first thing tomorrow to find out what's up with this cough and are his ears really better? I have seen a rheumatologist about my joints, and we are revisiting mobic, and it's going better than I thought. I have seen my therapist and we agree that I need to see my shrink about a change-up in my meds. Fortunately, Chad and Sakura have been doctor-free, because we're racking up quite the bill in co-pays.

No comments: