This has been the worst day for potty training. After pooping into 2 sets of underwear during the day, Seth then followed up with his worst poop accident to date: pooped and slept in it. When I woke up at 2 am with heartburn, I went downstairs to take some meds and sit up for a while. On my way back to bed at 4, I noticed that it smelled horrible upstairs. So I checked on Seth, and sure enough, he was poopy and since it had been probably over an hour, it had leaked through everything. I woke him up, and literally cut the underwear off of him. I threw the wash from bedtime into the dryer to make room for the new mess. I shoved Seth in the tub and turned it on while I stripped the bed. After lysoling anything I couldn't throw in the washer, and febreezing everything poop didn't touch but contaminated with stink, I scrubbed Seth down and got him dressed in his last pair of clean underwear for bed. The freshly sprayed room was making Seth cough, so I hustled him into the basement to sleep on the crappy couch, just in case. This is beyond ridiculous and I don't know what to do about it. I'd love to shove him back in diapers or pull-ups but then he starts wetting himself, and we not need to digress any further. Not to mention he's in regular preschool now where he supposed to be potty trained. Rewards, punishments, love, patience, charts, characters, miralax, juice, TV, small potties, underwear, pull-ups, contests, nakedness, candy, toys, stickers, peer pressure..... nothing works! I'd take diapers over this crap any day! Sigh. Let's see if I can get in a few hours before Chad has to go to work. Yay.
No comments:
Post a Comment