Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Residency begins


Ok, so I figured that even though this is thru Chad's email, I'm doing the writing, so my name is going as the signature.

We went to the North Carolina Blueberry festival yesterday and came back with some homegrown berries- yummy!!!! There really is a lot to do out here and we've been lucky to be able to do so much, since Chad had all that time off. Of course, it's nice that he's now making money, but it's not so easy going from having him around all the time to having him gone all the time. Today is Chad's first call day. He left before 5am and I'm not sure when he'll be home. It was the first day in a long while that I've been alone with Sakura at church. She did so well, going up to people and just climbing in their lap. She is definitely not afraid of people. Or dogs. Or just about anything. Except sleeping by herself in her own room in her own bed. Sigh. Oh well. We're going to have to work on that though, because I don't want to get up at 4 every morning if I've been up all the previous night. She's getting better at sleeping in her room, though not by herself yet. At least we've progressed from screaming and struggling whenever she is carried near her bed. Or when she actually sees her dad leave. Chad always calls this act "pathetic." It happens when I leave the room too. Ah kids - it's terrible when they cry, but it's nice to know they love you.

1 comment:

AVIDINHA said...

look at that cutie, she's gunna be trouble!